To enhance ROG’s position in the industry with detailed engineering knowledge and the ability to apply this to a developing product base and customer portfolio
Professional Head of Engineering and senior engineer within the ROG business
- To lead and manage the engineering function within Rail Operations Group
- To bring structure and real time management to the relationships between ROG and its maintainers
- To represent and champion the engineering function at both internal and external meetings, customer/supplier interfaces and industry forums
- To ensure compliance with current relevant legislation across all fleet requirements
- To develop a safe, available and reliable fleet honed to meet changing business needs
- To enhance ROG’s position in the industry with detailed engineering knowledge and the ability to apply this to a developing product base and customer portfolio
- Professional Head of Engineering and senior engineer within the ROG business
- Appropriate levels of availability and reliability delivered daily to meet business needs
- Repeat defects and safety critical defects minimized
- Costs managed to meet budget and performance criteria
- Integration of the role within Rail Operations Group, ensuring that you and those around you adopt and apply a high level of safety awareness
- Demonstration of a high level of professionalism and customer service at all times
- Adopt a Team ethos of ownership, achievement and responsibility
- Risks within your area of responsibility are identified and controlled to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable
Role and Responsibilities
- To manage the existing fleet of locomotives - principally Class 37s leased from Europhoenix and maintained under a wet lease arrangement, and Class 47s owned by ROG and maintained by third party maintainer(s). Expand the fleet management role as necessary to reflect changes in the ROG operational fleet. Define performance KPIs and manage the supply chain to ensure these are met.
- To manage the existing fleet of barrier and translator vehicles, various Mk I and Mk II HST barrier vehicles, and various additions to the fleet as they occur.
- To evaluate options for alternative maintainers, providing information and input to re-tendering processes as may be required from time to time.
- To manage heavy maintenance and wheelset changes on the Class 47 fleet, against a background of limited spares, limited supply chain and financial targets. Manage projects such as crash damage repair or major modification programmes.
- Carry out and assist with audits of safety critical suppliers, provide information and experience assisting the Head of Procurement with the approval of safety critical suppliers
- To bring demonstrable detailed technical knowledge of Class 37s and 47s to the organisation.